Friday, January 27, 2012

It's my baby's birthday

Last night, the last time I looked at the clock, it was 11:24 pm. At 2:57 am I woke up to a coughing child. I sat up, climbed out of bed and went to check on Grace. In my haze of sleepiness, I gave her some medicine, adjusted her to sitting up on pillows and tucked her in so I wouldn't have to come back in 10 minutes to fix her again.(you know what I mean, I shoved blankets under her bottom so she couldn't slide back down...it works) I brushed her hair out of her face, kissed her forehead and said, "I love you Gracie, Happy Birthday, baby." She replied, "I love you too, mommy. Happy birthday." I couldn't help but laugh a little, kiss her again and head back to bed. I tried to go back to sleep, but just kept thinking about all of the things I wanted to write about my baby's birthday today. So, it is now 3:50 am and I am writing a blog post about our little Grace.

Words cannot even describe how wonderful this child is. I love all of my children with so much of my heart, and honestly, I love them all equally. They each evoke different emotions in me, to which I am so very thankful. The word that comes to mind when I think of my love for Grace, is PEACE. And not because she is quiet....seriously, this child doesn't stop talking unless she's asleep, and even then she responds in her sleep...but she brings a peace to my heart, unlike any person I know. She has done it to me since she was born. Not that I was a horrible mom to my boys, but I never once was upset when she woke me up at 1am for feedings, a diaper change, or just to rock her. And it hasn't changed to this day. I still get up in the middle of the night with her and hold her, hardly ever concerned about when I will get back to my bed. Feeling so at peace and in love with the moments I have with her.

I cannot believe my baby is 3 today. Tears are running down my face just typing that...it is unreal that 3 years have passed like one week. She is turning into this little girl, and I cannot express how sure I am that she will become one of the most amazing women in the world. My hope for Grace is that she will always have PEACE in her heart and the ability to give it to others. It is a powerful gift.

I love you baby girl. Happy Birthday!







her protectors


see. peace.

xoxo-karie denny

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Baby Girl!!! Love you sooooooo much! Papa & Nana

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.