Thursday, January 12, 2012

Over diets and ready to change.

On some level, we all want to connect. We all want to feel like someone else understands what we are going through. I think that sharing my issues I have had with my body may reach people on a level that they will also feel comfortable sharing and even dealing with their issues, head on. I have had weight issues since I was a young girl. I started noticing that I was heavier than my friends in 6th grade and I still struggle with it today. When I was in 9th grade, I began trying things to lose weight. None of which were healthy. I started taking over the counter pills to lose weight, doing cardio like crazy and eating less and less. And it worked....until I stopped acting like a psycho path, and gained most all of it back. And that cycle has been my LIFE for last 15 years. Yes, I am 29, we can all laugh it up........that's enough :) Okay, but seriously. What a destructive, dangerous cycle. At my heaviest, after I had Beau, I weighed 206lbs.:( ugh, that feels horrible to type and even worse to re-read...So I did what I know how to do. Temporarily fix the problem. Cardio, crash diet, fad diet, whatever will work the fastest and least painful, and the yo-yo weights continue. Let's skip to present day...I have had another child since then, so three total, and my body is becoming much more temperamental. Every calorie I don't watch becomes extra weight on me. I can't even look at a carb without my waist size increasing. Maybe, it is because I am turning 30 this year, but I have this overwhelming drive to change my body, not for the temporary, but permanently. There is nothing wrong with cutting calories and doing cardio, but it's not going to work for me anymore, and I am guessing that if you have tried it, you also know, the results are very hard to maintain. I am going to have to challenge myself to be stronger. Work harder. And finally reach my goals. I don't want to just lose weight. As a matter of fact, I could care less if I lost 1lb. I want to be physically fit. I want to see muscles in place of fat and I want to be proud of my body. I have begun a journey on a path of physical fitness and I am not looking back. I am so thankful to have you all to share this with. In a way, it's like have hundreds of people to hold me accountable! So thank you. Here are some of the things I am going to be doing to obtain my goals:

Logging ALL of my food in a journal-I am using Fitness Pal:)
Boot camp-Monday, Wednesday, Friday with Chris Warner at 545am. (seriously come join me. it will ROCK your world)
Hot Yoga-once a week
Prayer-every time I am tempted to eat something unhealthy, I am going to PRAY instead. God has the power to change our minds if we ask Him.

Let's do this!! Love y'all!!!

Karie

6 comments:

  1. Awww I have the same issues. I feel like I will be fat forever and I'm so tired of the struggle. Been 15 yrs of a struggle. I think u look great! I would love to look like u. But I am committed to primal eating and get moving. Hoping for the same this yr. Solidarity sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I have the same issues. I feel like I will be fat forever and I'm so tired of the struggle. Been 15 yrs of a struggle. I think u look great! I would love to look like u. But I am committed to primal eating and get moving. Hoping for the same this yr. Solidarity sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww I have the same issues. I feel like I will be fat forever and I'm so tired of the struggle. Been 15 yrs of a struggle. I think u look great! I would love to look like u. But I am committed to primal eating and get moving. Hoping for the same this yr. Solidarity sister!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been dieting since as far back as I can remember. It's awful that we did that at such young ages. My problem is food. I struggle to not let it control me. I have been a binge eater for a long time. Often hiding when I eat. It's a terrible feeling. I'm trying to also get fit but mainly feel on control of food for the first time in my life. I am also using the same app and loving it . Good luck, you are truly beautiful inside and out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go Karie! I love reading personal blog posts. Feeling like you know the blogger on a more personal level always makes the rest of the posts more interesting! I think that every woman regardless of their size struggles with confidence issues and different aspects of their body. I always think you look great, but way to go on trying to be healthier!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always had the same struggles with weight and my body image. I turn 30 this year as well and just had my last baby in September (or so I say right now). I feel this need to improve my health to set an example for my daughters. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.