- SCHEDULE-make a schedule and stick to it. Sometimes it is hard to schedule yourself, when you are your own boss. But it is a must. Have set hours or set work days. I would rather give my kids 100% of my attention during "mommy" time instead of only giving them 25% all the time. Turn your computer OFF at a set time. That really applies to anyone, give the people in your life the time they deserve with you!
- Make "your job" Fun For Your Kids-Take them to a play area and do your social media work there, instead of at home. They won't even notice you are working. I take my kiddos "hunting" for things we need for a shoot. I give them their own list and we make it a game.:)
- Outsource-When you get to a place in your business where you are so busy you are pulling your hair out, it is time to delegate some tasks. First, write down your strengths, weaknesses, loves and hates in your business. As Trevor called it SWOT. Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities and Threats. In the areas where you find weakness or dislikes, you will be able to move forward with a plan for delegating!
- Trade-I just recently started mentoring another photographer. I made arrangements with her that I would teach her everything I know in exchange for hours of service. Whether it's watching my kids, so I can work, or taking on projects or tasks that I can't keep up with. Good old fashion bartering.:)
- DE-stress-I cannot tell you how important it is that you allow yourself time to connect with people and yourself outside of "business". I recently was in the hospital because doctors thought I was having a stroke. It turned out to be stress/anxiety attack. I was working so much and putting so much pressure on myself that I had removed all the things I used to do to relieve stress. Take walks, go to the gym, go out to eat, do yoga, go for a run, watch a movie, spend time with your loved ones.