Thursday, January 17, 2013

DIY Packaging-Phoenix Design and Photography

Today we are going to have some fun with custom packaging! Being unique and true to your brand can be challenging! I love crafting and DIY projects, so any excuse to bust out the glitter...I am all over that! (I use !!! a lot and I promise I am not yelling! I am just really excited!!) I LOVE DIY's. I received prints today and I wanted to pack them up right away and them send off to some awesome clients of ours..so I thought, why not blog this fun project.

Every time I hit up a craft store(or Target), I pick up an item that screams ME so I can use in on future work projects or inspiration for a photo shoot. I am a firm believer that "your style" is what you are IMMEDIATELY drawn to...so when something says "KARIE!!!!"- I grab it and swipe that business card like no ones business. I have learned to accept that I can be really eclectic and random. I go with it.

Have fun. Buy items that speak to you. Don't be afraid to mix and match patterns and textures. I recycled a box and gift wrapped the top of it for my stand-out pattern. I am slightly obsessed with wood grain wrapping paper right now. Adding some punches of color that follow our branding with tissue and fun tape. ALWAYS put a personal, handwritten note in your packages...always. And then of course, in my opinion, glitter can't hurt. ;) Have fun with this. Be creative. Be you.
Much Love-Karie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.